New Features in CatDV 9.0
CatDV 9.0 has a large number of fixes and feature enhancements, including:
|CatDV 9.0 New Features|
- Many new user-defined field types, including hierarchy fields (for structured vocabularies), linked fields (for example, the list of players in a pick list may depend on which team was selected), checkboxes, radio buttons, formatted fields, and more.
- Ability to customise the names of built-in fields and whether they are locked or mandatory
- Support for Xuggle (based on FFmpeg) as an alternative media library, providing playback of additional formats such as AVCHD.
- Support for grouping related clips into events, including integration with the forthcoming CatDV Field Logger iPhone app to geotag a set of photos and video clips and start logging them while on location
- Improved keyboard shortcuts for movie playback control using the numeric keypad
- Support for importing SRT subtitle files
- Support for reading Adobe XMP and IPTC metadata
- Major preferences tidy up to arrange options more logically and make them easier to use
- New commands in the Tools menu to export and import preferences, to simplify setting up machines, backing up preference settings, and switching between different environments
- Improvements to previews, including the option to burn in a watermark image, preserve the original movie aspect ratio, and use JPEG previews for large still image files
- Use star ratings instead of the old good/no good/maybe classification.
- Final Cut XML improvements, including sending marker colours, updating bins, and importing filter parameters as metadata
- Improvements to the Paste Metadata and Update Media Location commands
- Many other minor fixes and improvements
- Support for roles and permissions when using the Enterprise Server, plus other improvements to the User Admin panel
- Improvements to the plug-in API, allowing systems integrators and partners to add new functionality to the CatDV menus
- Support for P2 spanned clips and reading P2 geotag metadata
- Support for XDCAM metaclips, including the ability to add hi-res audio to XDCAM proxies
- Improvements to the Archiving Option, including using the Cache-A API to request that files are restored
- Internationalistion support
How to upgrade
Upgrade to CatDV 10 and get all the features above and more.